Recipe courtesy of Caitlin Shoemaker of frommybowl.com
|| oats, ground into flour (quick or rolled)
||brown rice flour (sub all-puprose if not gluten free)
||Rishi Everyday Matcha, sifted
||packed medjool dates (about 5 to 6 large)
||coconut butter, melted (on the stove or microwave)
||ground flax OR ground chia seed + 6 tablespoons water
||apple cider vinegar
||coconut sugar (optional - this will make the donuts sweeter)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, prepare your vegan "egg" by combining 2 tbsp of ground chia OR flax seeds with 6 tbsp water. Stir and set aside for 5 or so minutes, or until thickened.
- Pit your Medjool Dates, place them in a bowl, and cover them with hot water. Allow the dates to soak for 5-10 minutes, then drain. Once drained, process the dates in a food processor or blender with 2-3 tbsp water (if necessary) to form a date paste.
- In a large bowl, combine the Oat Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Matcha Powder, Baking Soda and Powder, Salt, and (optional) Coconut Sugar. Stir well.
- Add in the Date Paste, Chia or Flax Egg, melted Coconut Butter, Vanilla, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Plant Based Milk. Mix until an even batter is formed.
- Evenly distribute the donut batter into 8 donut molds; I used silicone donut molds so I did not have to grease my pan, but if you pan is solid you will need to spray it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
- Once cooked completely, remove the donuts from the oven and let them sit in the baking tray for 5 minutes, then remove them and let them cool completely. If desired, you can top them with frosting at this point.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Interested in watching the recipe video? View it here